Friday, December 30, 2011

What age do little boys typically need their firs hair cut?

My son just turned a year old and his hair is a good length right now but I don't want it to get too long and look tacky. I don't think he would sit still for a hair cut yet. What is the typical age for a little boy to get his first hair cut.What age do little boys typically need their firs hair cut?
my son had his first hair cut around age 1What age do little boys typically need their firs hair cut?
I was cutting our sons hair at about 9 months old- just trimming it. I had to cut it for real at a year- I always cut it myself, its just easier and comes out like I want it to.





But honestly, we decided that we just like the look of longer hair- its really cute, even if once in a while some old hag ignores the blue ';daddy's little boy'; shirt and calls him a 'sweet little girl'.





Its honestly just up to you, whatever it seems like he needs.
My youngest son I waited until he was 15 months old to get his first haircut. It was almost down to his shoulders, and kind of wavy...but every times he got in his carseat, the back would get all matted.





The best bet for toddlers and preschooler boys is a buzz cut. My youngest has never had anything but a buzz cut. It takes like 5 minutes and it is really hard to mess up. My mother gave me the idea of having someone do something like blow bubbles to distract the child during the haircut.
My son had his first haircut shortly after his first birthday :) I had my sister-in-law (owns own salon) cut it in her kitchen- where he was familiar where he was. She cut his little baby boy hair, and i keep feeding him puffs.





Make sure he's in his own element... maybe get a friend to come do it in your kitchen and turn on some cartoons... or hire a stylist to come to your house.





Stay away from the electric razor for its SCARY!!





Good Luck! He'll be beautiful!! Get lots of pics!!
lol..my son is 18months and we have not cut his hair, he doens't have that much hair, it's think and wispy and curls up a bit...I didn't have a full head of hair utnil I was 2, i think he will be the same!
Whenever your own gender biases tell you he needs one... that could be at six months or it could be never.
When they cant see any more!!!!! or it just looks plain rediculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment