Tuesday, January 31, 2012

At what age did your son get his first hair cut?

My son will be 11 months old next week and has a great mop of hair, everyone's telling me to get it cut but I'm nervous about it to be honest.


He doesn't sit still and is an awful wriggler. The thought of scissors near his head makes me feel sick.


A) Am i weird?


B) What age is suitable?At what age did your son get his first hair cut?
no your not weired


siccors near a wriggly babys head is a scray thought


the best thing you can do is take him to a hairdresser that have a child price, if they have a child price they will be cutting childrens hair alot, so they will be use to wriggly children, they will know what their doing, when you get there just tell them he wriggles alot, and they will prob know what to do, also if he wriggles alot you can stop them at any point


he'll be fine =]





oh and any age is suitible, it depends on the kids hair not the kids age


xxxAt what age did your son get his first hair cut?
I'm 17 and I haven't got a child. But my mum once told me i was 3 years old when I had my first trip to the barbers, for reasons being I also couldn't' t sit still, and was hugely afraid of scissors.





I don't think you are wierd, I think it shows great conern for your child. Depening on how well you feel your child will repsond to the whole barber shop situation, you should take him at an age in which you believe he will feel comfortable. But beware, things could go a turn for the worse, he be frightened at such a young age, and create a phobia until even the maturest of ages.
Well, I'm sad to say that my son's first haircut was about at 9 or 10 months. He had so much hair and even though the grade wasn't bad at all they was nothing to do with it except braid it. A baby that young with braids just took away his innocence. And by him having the grade of hair that he has I would have to braid it every single time that we went somewhere. So out of frustration and being overwhelmed I got some scissors and cut it down. But right before his first bday I took him to the barber, but I didn't let them cut it all off, just a lining and it was close to his head
I would definitely not cut my son's hair myself as some of your answers suggest - that is just asking for trouble! I took my son to a barber near where we live who it turns out are fantastic with children (you'll probably find that most of them are used to dealing with young children). He was 12 months and cried the whole time as I suppose he did not know what was going on, but they were great, and he only ever cried that first time. He's great when we go now and even though he never sits still normally, he does when we're there. Give it a go, you may be surprised. Good luck!
i trimmed my sons hair so it was out if his eyes at 6months of age as he had long hair. his first proper cut was when he was 1.


age doesn't matter; if your child needs a trim it needs a trim.


some kids hair grows faster, thicker, etc than others.





hairdressers use kid friendly scissors (well the one I've been to uses them) as my son is a wriggler also.


the hairdresser and i usually distract him with a hair clip or the water spray bottle so he doesn't wriggle as much.
my son was about 10 months ( he had his first hair cut on mother's day.) before that i just trimmed around ears and cut off the tail in the back!


you can take him somewhere and they will sit him on your lap while cutting his hair. i did it myself, but not everyone feels comfortable doing that!
this happpened to my brother,


he had really really thick hair,


mum didn't want him to go because he could never sit still!





but when he got there he was alright,





the only other option would be for you to trim it yourself,


although that could go down bad:)





hope i helped
my son was 5 months old, omg his hair was all overthe place and a bit like a donald trump combover, it really needed cut. his hair is extremely thick. he's now 20 months old and has had about 7 cuts since then. just sit your son on your knee and keep him amused with the mirror in front of him. im sure youl both be fine.
I had my mobile hairdresser cut my son's hair at around a year/18months (can't quite remember?). Anyway, we did it at home and i held him in my arms while his hair was cut. It was never going to be a fashion winning haircut, but just to lose the length and curls was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment