Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What do you actually say to a barber when you want your hair cut?

If i want it short on the top but getting shorter down my sideburns... How do i explain this to the barber with numbers? - What if he doesn't understand me??What do you actually say to a barber when you want your hair cut?
I would say to your barber ';I want it short on the top but getting shorter down my sideburns however I am not really sure how to this translates to the number system.';





I would say that a 2 haircut normally leaves 1/4 to 3/8 of hair left and a 4 haircut leaves about 4/5 of an inch left.





1 inch = 2.54 cm if your interestedWhat do you actually say to a barber when you want your hair cut?
Sounds like you want the sides faded, which is basically a real close taper. I'd tell the barber 1) how short you want the top, 2) how short you want the shortest part (at the bottom) to be on the sides and in back - whether you want that part completely to skin (a #000) or not, and 3) how high up (from the bottom) you want the shortest part to go. That way he'll know whether its a low, medium, or high fade.
They say a picture is worth 1000 words. Try to find a picture of what you want in a magazine or newspaper, or at the barber shop. You could even go to the library and check out magazines. Then just show it to the barber and note any changes you'd like. I usually say, ';Shoulder length, with long layers.'; You might say, ';Short on top and tapering down my sideburns.';
hiya hun








just tell him what exactly you want if he dont understand then they aint a true hairdresser

No comments:

Post a Comment