Thursday, January 26, 2012

What is the recommended age for baby's first hair cut?

Logan is 12 months old and the poor boy's hair covers his eyes. He looks like one of the Beatles. LOL The problem is that he won't hold still for s**t. Also I don't have the slightest clue how to cut hair, but I don't know if professional hair places would cut a 12 month old's hair. When did your baby have it done?What is the recommended age for baby's first hair cut?
They will cut his hair as long as it's not a danger to him. If he is hysterical and moving all over the place he could be punctured by the shears (scissors). If he has a favorite toy I'd suggest bringing it, or if somehow you can get him to take a nap in your arms and have them trim it then. My daughter is 7 1/2 months and I've trimmed her bangs when she is asleep. A haircutting store most likely will not charge you if they cannot complete the cut due to safety reasons. Good Luck!What is the recommended age for baby's first hair cut?
I think the recommended age is when the baby needs it. My poor daughter has had hair in her eyes for a month now and she's only 4 months old! I swear, she came out with a wig on. However, I just brush it to the side out of her eyes because NO ONE is coming near my wiggly baby with sharp scissors, not yet anyway. So, when you're comfortable getting your son's hair cut, go for it. Otherwise, do what you can to keep it out of his face. If you're ready, call around and see who does baby haircuts. I think more places do it than you might think!
My nephew had to go to a salon at only 2 mths..his hair was so thick and hug right in his eyes. I don't think that they have a limit on age. Call your hairdresser and see if she will do your son's hair...make an event out of it.





I learnt from experience that a hairdresser/stranger are able to do ten times more than what they will let you do.





My little secret is that I still have my old Bumbo...and I will sit my 2 year old in that to cut/braid/brush her hair...just a suggestion if you didn't want to take him to a hairdresser.
My son had his done at 10 months because he was beginning to look like a girl. However the holding still was an issue so we just gave him a sucker while he was getting it done and he had no problem holding still until they got to the back of his neck because he is ticklish there. Just take him to a salon that knows how to cut babys hair. Good Luck
Haircuttery. They give your baby a certificate and you a lock of hair! :)





Everyone (family, blah) told me to wait until Johnny was 1 yr old.





His hair looked ridiculous! I took him when he was almost 10 months. It was interesting, he sat still for maybe the first nano-second, lol But it turned out fine. :)



I'm a hairstylist and yes we do cut 12 month olds hair. I have cut an 8 month olds hair before. Its not age but when they need it. If he won't sit still you can hold him. They are professionals they know what they are doing.
I've heard around 12 months but in my case it will probably be sooner. My daughter is 5 months old and her hair covers her eyes all ready so I might have my cousin that cuts hair trim her hair in the front just a little.
There are professional salons places that are just for kids.


I would say that 12 months is a good age to get a haircut.


Just dont be to suprised if its not just the way you wanted it.
Most hair cut places have experience with cutting a 1 yr olds hair, I assure you. A lot of baby boys need hair cuts, they'll know what to do. Save a lock and take pics!
my son was 12 months old...


We took him to a place called Cookie Cutters. a place that specializes in young children...


Dont forget to take pictures, and keep a lock of hair!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment