Sunday, February 12, 2012

How should I get my cocker's hair cut for the first time?

Shes 1 year old female black..... any suggestions?How should I get my cocker's hair cut for the first time?
short, but not 2 where you can see skin. My step-mom's mother made her pomeranian look like a lion. the poor dogHow should I get my cocker's hair cut for the first time?
Take it to a PRO GROOMER!!!

THEY'LL inspect it see if it CAN be put into a CORRECT ';cocker-cut';!



IF you haven't let it get MATTED,they can. IF you HAVE..it'll need to be BUZZED DOWN *TOTALLY*!!!
regular Cocker cut (shorter on the back, head and face and longer on the legs and skirt), unless she has matts, in that case I'd do a #4 or #5 all over.



I have one that I do that has skin allergies so her owners like her cut with a #10 on the body, head and face and then a #4 on her legs (they don't keep a skirt on her and they like to keep longer hair on her crown) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/y/a>
take her to the groomers they will cut her hair good
its getting cool so you should get a trim and let the dog have its fur.
She's a year old and never been groomed? Oh boy.

Is she matted? That will make all the difference in the world. If shes matted, theres no choice but to go short. Also depends on what kind of coat she has.



If not..then it depends on how much time you want to spend at home keeping her combed out.

Cocker cuts look nice, but they are alot of upkeep. (short head and body, long skirt, legs and chest)

And I really like the look of a short body and longer legs...kinda like what the groomer above showed you, but I like the legs just a bit longer (everyone likes it a different way). I call that a working dog cut, but every groomer calls it somethng different.
It's best to take your dog to a groomer, they could probably do a much better job.

No comments:

Post a Comment