Sunday, February 12, 2012

How to get a hair cut in French?

I speak a good bit of French so I could translate these things literally but i'm just concerned that it's not idiomatic and I may end up asking for the wrong thing.





So, first of all, how do you ask for a hair cut?


I would like to say I want it a bit shorter, tidied up and thinned. (However if any of those things will prove in any way confusing I may leave them out...)





Thanks. =)How to get a hair cut in French?
';how do you ask for a hair cut?';





=%26gt; Je souhaiterais/aimerais me faire couper les cheveux.





';I want it a bit shorter';





=%26gt; J'aimerais avoir mes cheveux juste un (petit) peu plus courts.





';tidied up';





=%26gt; bien rajustés [or: texturisés, which is quite a technical word that means ';tidy up'; and ';give shape, give some volume'; all together]





';and thinned';





=%26gt; et désépaissis [I would add ';un peu';, just in case! :-) ]How to get a hair cut in French?
Bonjour,


Je voudrais que mes cheveux soient un peu plus courts, bien coiffés, et désépaissis.

No comments:

Post a Comment