Sunday, February 12, 2012

Where should I get my Bichon Frise's first hair cut?

My dog Parker is 5 moths old and I think it's time for a haircut now that it's starting to get hot. What places do you recommend? I know Petsmart would be a good place, but how much do they cost for a puppy?Where should I get my Bichon Frise's first hair cut?
Do not use big box stores for personal services. Heard many, many complaints about them in person %26amp; on here %26amp; other sites. For decent grooming esp. for a puppy 1st clip, go to a reputable grooming shop that your vet, friends etc suggest. Ask around or owners whose dog you like the way it looks for recommendations.Where should I get my Bichon Frise's first hair cut?
PetSmart and PetCo don't have the greatest reputation. I've heard many cases of horrible haircuts with even bloody (literally) outcomes. I'd recommend taking him to a groomer with plenty of experience and who has their own shop. If you are looking to do the Bichon cut itself, it is a haircut you would want the right person to do.


I see a lot of puppies myself, and groom at a vet clinic. Many times they have to be sedated. But as long as you have been consistently brushing him, you shouldn't have a problem.
PetSmart has many different grooming packages that they offer. The Full Servise Groom package offers shampoo, massage and blowdry, hand brushing and loose hair removal,nail trimming, ear cleaning/plucking, and a bow or bandana, in addition to the haircut. The price for the haircut depends on the style,size, and breed of the dog.
I actually take my toy poodle to Petsmart, but I always book an appointment with the same groomer.





If you do go to a big box company like Petsmart, you could try asking for an experienced groomer and book exclusively with that groomer. Otherwise, you could go to a boutique grooming salon.





It costs $34 (bath, cut, nails, inner ears) plus I give an $8 tip. So $42 total. That's for a very small adult dog in the Chicago area.
depends on where you are for the taxes and everything but i use to work there and a puppy cut isn't vert expensive... but unfortunatly your dog is no longer a puppy so you would be charged for an adult cut. i think they have to be 3 months or under for a small dog to get the puppy price.
No dog's are puppies until they are 1 year of age and if you think you know so much with that little statement then you should know that all you have to do is call and ask!
  • origins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment